Saturday, December 4, 2010

Palmerston Tavern - Revisited

Just the two of us headed out for dinner this week so we chose to revisit Palmerston Tavern.

I decided to order the expensive steak and seafood dish, mostly because from the previous visit I remembered that the cheaper meals were quite small. I wanted to fill up. I made the right choice. The meal was much larger in size and certainly filled all the gaps. I'd have to say though that the steak was a bit thin. I still had the complimentary few leaves of lettuce disguised as salad. Lots of chips. I'd prefer more salad, less chips.

My friend had the salmon. It looked a bit dry.

No bread roll. Why aren't restaurants serving bread rolls any more?

Their cappuccinos are actually very nice. I started the meal with one and had another later while in the gaming lounge.

The pokies were kind to us :)

We finished our evening at Maccas. I just love their 50c icecream in a cone. Beats paying top dollar for a dessert in a restaurant any day.

6 comments:

  1. The tavern is a favourite for us in Palmerston. You should check out the new Saturday night special "Italian night". It was pretty good!
    Also when you venture into Darwin a must is
    Alaturka. They even have a belly dancer for entertainment on Friday nights. We loved it.
    It's on Knuckey Street.

    Loving your blog. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aturka sounds like a good one to go next guys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummmy I love Barra Night and forg in a pond for dessert the meals are graet portions and the drinks are a generous size

    ReplyDelete
  4. i went to the palmerston tavern tonight with my family for dinner. we have been there before plenty of times and have never had a problem, although tonight we had a bit of confusion. i and my mum ordered a rump steak (medium). my dad ordered a rump steak (medium rare) all with different sauces. when the dinner came out, mums steak was cooked medium rare and ended up swapping with my dad. the service was fantastic and the staff were happy and friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i went to the taven about a week ago there was a bit of us and we got sat next to the kids coner, we orded and people got there foods at different times i got the fish salt and pepper squid and prawns it wsnt nice it didnt tast like it and the fish didnt taste nice to :/ TR :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just me and the big fella for lunch. We tried the specials. I had the Guiness and Beef Pie with mash and he had the Bangers and mash. Mine was OK but a tad on the small side but Pete's was really disapointing. I know we only paid $9.90 but cutting a thick sausage in half so you can call it sausageS is a bit much. Pete was left hungry. I'd say only order the specials if you're not that hungry. Friendly service.

    Ella

    ReplyDelete