Friday, December 10, 2010

Eventfully Yours

This Friday evening we spent with colleagues and friends at our workplace. The company and atmosphere made the night. The catering firm "Eventfully Yours" served us with a mediocre meal.

Entree of seafood, prawns and oysters - no thought put into how we would wash our hands after peeling prawns. We had to organise our own finger bowls.

Traditional roast turkey was pressed, processed meat.

Honey Glazed Ham, looked like they had bought the ham at Coles, sliced it up and poured a tiny bit of sauce over it.

Barramundi fillets oven baked with a local kumquat butter - the fish was a little dry, cooked too much.

Roasted glazed pumpkin and carrots - these were okay.

Creamy scallop potato bake with cheese - not enough cheese I felt.

Egg plant parmesan topped with cheese and parsely - this was delicious.

Thai style salad with coriander - unusual, perhaps a little too much coriander.

Fresh bread rolls with butter portions - the first bread roll I've had since we started our blog.

Dessert - Cheese platter and Tartlet Fingers - The lemon meringue tart was dry and gooey.
The caramel tart suspiciously looked and tasted like it had tinned caramel as the filling.

The cheese and bikkies were nice.

Catering firms really should train their staff better. It's quite rude to take away someone's plate before they have finished eating.

I was hungry so I ate, however I felt that I could have prepared the same meal myself. Nothing special.

Quizzes and party games, what more could you ask for? It was fantastic listening to Sand sing once again.
We did have a great night.





7 comments:

  1. I wouldn't be interested in visiting such a place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't hire these caterers to my wake!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best thing about the food was the company! Why do caterers assume they can take the food? Haven't we paid for it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had them cater my wedding. They threw out our leftover wedding cake - both my new husband and I never had the chance to taste our cake!

    Owner behaves like a spoilt brat, not a professional businesswoman.

    Had dramas with her a few days before the wedding and after!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anonymous,
    really sad to hear that this caterer did this to you on your wedding day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear me! What a shame! I had such high expectations of these caterers and was left with a much more realistic impression of their ordinariness. For a start, who brings their children to an end of year function in the evening when partiers just want to let their hair down and have fun? It's just not the right thing to do. The food was unspectacular to say the least. I could have bought 90% of it from the supermarket and put it together myself. Plates were cleared when the cutlery was correctly placed to alert the staff that we hadn't finished eating. Any remaining food on the buffet tables quickly disappeared out the door instead of being left for us to nibble on. If they wanted to take everything with them then why did they leave the garbage bags behind? How disappointing. Next to each item on the menu they should have included - 'store bought and compiled by us'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have seen the owner/operators actually buying all their groceries at woolies palmerston in the morning, and I wondered about this also. thought it was a bit cheap

    ReplyDelete