Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Hub

Every year the Hub, in Palmerston, sends out a birthday letter which entitles you to a free meal. These are a really great way to say thank you to members. This evening two of us had the birthday letters, a good excuse to spend a pleasant evening at the Hub.




Grilled Chicken Breast with Creamy Garlic Prawns

Grilled Chicken Breast with Creamy Garlic Prawns - $22.00
Chicken Schnitzel Mexicana topped with Melted Cheese, Jalapenos, Guacamole and Sour Cream -$17.50 (unfortunately, no photo of this meal)
Chicken Schnitzel with Garlic Prawns - $22.00


Chicken Schnitzel with Garlic Prawns

All three meals were huge, with lots of vegetables. We did find it really unusual that no potatoes came with the meals. We asked about that and three delicious baked potatoes with sour cream were brought out for us. 

The Hub was really busy tonight, thus it did take quite a while for our meals to be served. We had bread rolls to nibble on while we waited. I find it disappointing that they don't bake their own bread rolls. The rolls on offer look like the standard ones you can buy from Woolworths. 

The staff here are always pleasant and the atmosphere is warm and relaxing. One comment that I'd like to make is that I feel it's about time a new entertainer was hired; we need a fresh voice to listen to. It would be ideal to have an entertainer who could actually play the piano, not one that bashes away at an electronic keyboard while mutilating lyrics. 



5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to me!! You can't get much cheaper than free!!
    I had the Chicken Schnitzel Mexicana. The usual schnitzel but with a topping of salsa, cheese, guacamale, sour cream and jalapenos. Very tasty and looked lovely. I ordered vegetables because the salad bar didn't look particularly appetising.
    I enjoyed my meal, though it wasn't spectacular, and luckily I love jalapeno's as there were a LOT on there, hidden from view by the sour cream and guacamale.
    A pleasant night and a 'nice' meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you two.....Yes it is a busy place. The meals did look nice and huge.
    I will celebrate mine on the High Seas this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delight to have a free meal. Thank you to The Hub! I wouldn't agree that my meal was huge but with the addition of the baked potato it was certainly filling. I realize that chicken can be difficult to keep moist and unfortunately mine was on the dry side. The garlic sauce was certainly needed. A good night with good company!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that most of there meals are big but I was also confused why they didn't have potatoes on our plates when we ordered them. But they eventually they noticed and brought them out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The food was quite satisfying, very filling. The service was good and the waiters were very joyful, and obviously happy to be working at this restaurant. (: T.M

    ReplyDelete